What do you do with Rs.660/-? Being me I would have been there standing in a musty book store confused If I should take home my own copy of Rhonda Byrne’s ‘The Secret’.
Needless to say, it wouldn’t have taken me long to realize that I have attracted all good things in life without having read it.
For more colorful divine creatures, Rs.660/- might mean another pair of not–so-sensible feelers to limp the concrete ramps. Or for all that scrubbing and peeling which makes you glow 90 watts for a week. For guys or gays (can’t differentiate both nowadays) Rs.660/- can get ‘em cool slim-fit shirts or cooing on a summer date. It’s as hot as it gets!
There I was standing at the Counter of Air India with Rs 660/- in my hand. I felt a gentle nudge on my kurti sleeve imploring me … it was my turn at the cash counter. I counted the amount again and again and again. I saw the bemused expression on her face – the customer service exec … little did she know what the amount meant for me, what it stood for and what it could do for me.
They say your heart stops for a moment when you sneeze…and you habitually thank God as you come back to life ‘Al Hamdullilah’. Others say a diamond can take your breath away. Don’t know if that’s what makes it a girl’s best friend.
I didn’t sneeze nor did I have a twinkling rock weighing down my neck. But, my life did stop for moments with just Rs.660/- in my hand …It tugged at my heart, wrenched my beliefs and moved me through a myriad of emotions.
Rs.660/- for my ticket to be postponed to 3 days ahead - to accommodate the court date for the much anticipated D Day. The day when heaven came down and soothed me with a new breath of life…
Monday noon 9/11/2009 the day I got my divorce.
Al Hamdulillah. Thank you God for being there every step of the way!
Now, deep down I know that I would rather be a Mother Theresa serving mankind than a senseless Indian wife serving one man.
Zeidi
Labels
- Being Grateful (1)
About Me
- Zeidi
- United Arab Emirates
- I am a single working mom with two children. Life began for me at the point where most people gave up. My intention of writing this blog is to share with the world moments which have left a deep impact on me. Moments which were like fireflies illuminating my path … where I experienced the most profound pain or immeasurable happiness. The best way to experience life they say is by living life as a woman. And for me indeed life has been a climb with the view getting better and better. THE END for me came with a disclaimer which said please keep viewing. Real life has just begun. This blog is for the women who have given up and failed to see the disclaimer with their vision blurred with tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment